If this is your first time traveling to Nicaragua then you probably have a lot of questions about the area. That’s why we’re here! Here are some basic info and insider tips to help you plan your trip.
- We are situated in the town of Miramar which is centrally located along Nicaragua’s Pacific coastline
- The nearest city is Leon which is a 40 min. drive away.
- When booking your flight, you’ll be flying into Augusto C. Sandino International Airport located in Managua, a 90-100 min. drive from Miramar.
- We provide all guests with airport pickups and drop-offs.
- Central Standard Time Zone (UTC/GMT)
- Cordobas (NIO)
- $1 CAD is worth approximately $22 NIO
- $1 USD is worth approximately $29 NIO
- Tropical with 2 distinct seasons: rainy (May to October) and dry (November to April)
- Wettest months are September through November
- Average temperature is between 22C/72F and 30C/86F
- Temperatures can rise to 38C/100F during the day in coastal areas
Overall Nicaragua is a safe, tourist-friendly country but, as with visiting any new country, it’s important to read up on safety precautions, travel advisories and any vaccinations that might be recommended. Please read up on some fast facts here.
- A tourist card or travel visa may be required for entry.
- Plan ahead and check your country’s entry requirements by doing a quick search online.
- 110-volt electricity and plugs are generally the 2-pronged flat type.
- If any of the devices you’re traveling with require 3 prongs then you’ll most likely want to bring an adapter with you.